Evaluation for impact
Evaluation - the wider perspective
In the UK, evaluation is becoming a core area of skills development and interest in Third Sector and Public organisations. Government agencies and funders are keen to learn about the outcomes and impact that their initiatives have on policy areas and target groups, and they want to be sure that public money is wisely invested. Third sector organisations share this interest in outcomes and impact, but for them, evaluation can create a tension between: the demand for financial accountability; a need to show results; a competition for resources; a desire to improve; and a commitment to their values and purposes.
Evaluation - the way I work
I work collaboratively with organisations to design and deliver evaluation projects that: generate impact stories, learn about process and results, and create reports for publication. I build the skills and capacity of organisations, staff and volunteers to embed evaluation practices into their day to day activity.
What's on my website?
- Check out my CV and track record in evaluation projects.
- Dip into my current research studies and related articles.
- Explore a range of workshops that I have developed.
- Get in touch.
Evaluation that Empowers or EtE is a model for creating evaluation-mindedness where evaluative practices become normal day to day actions for organisations. EtE can support the development of agile, lean and responsive evaluations, which can remain as individual discrete projects or can provide a catalyst for building organisation evaluation strategy.
Evaluation-mindedness enables organisations to:
create a hunger for new learning apply processes...
- Evaluation that Empowers - how organisations become evaluation-minded
- 'I' poems - a story telling method or a different kind of case study
- Using case study in research - How to tell a 'good' story
- Reflexivity - the researcher's voice in qualitative research
- Innovation in training evaluation - using Kirkpatrick's model
- Decisions Decisions - Transitions in personal development
Lesley is one of the most inspirational of the trainers, managers and thought leaders I have worked with over more than 20 years in the learning & development field. She has a deep and wide understanding of people, of...
Lesley has carried out several pieces of consultancy work for the Voluntary Action Fund, particularly around evaluation, impact measurement and group facilitation. Lesley has in depth knowledge of a range of evaluation methodologies...
Having worked with Lesley on a number of projects, I have the highest regard for her evaluation and educational development work. Lesley has an ability to evaluate wide ranging and disparate educational materials, distilling...